ServiceWorks! is a collaboration between the Volunteer Center of North Texas and local municipalities. Since its conception in 2001, the program has recruited and placed qualified volunteers in a number of city departments.
Benefits to Municipalities
• Leverage community resources
• Make effective use of tax dollars
• Provide additional expertise to city departments
• Introduce citizens to city services and operations
• Enable volunteers to contribute to the city's development
• Involving corporate volunteers and service organizations in the city
Benefits to Volunteers
There are many benefits to volunteering through ServiceWorks! Individual and group opportunities are available. Through this program volunteers can:
• Network with others
• Increase employability
• Develop Professional Skills
• Make a difference in your community
• Gain knowledge about the work environment
• Learn, first-hand, how local government works
Type of Volunteer Positions Available
ServiceWorks! is a great program for everyone in the community. Whether you're a stay-at-home mom seeking opportunities to serve, a college student searching for service learning opportunities, or a retired business person who's looking to continue using your professional skills, ServiceWorks! has an opportunity for you.
Past volunteer opportunities include:
• Clerical Duties
• Database Management
• Emergency Response Support
• Financial Support Services
• Graffiti Removal
• Interpretation Services
• Marketing/Advertising Projects
• Minor Home Repair/Revitalization
• Research Support
• Retail Support
• Shelving Books
• Special Event Support
Click HERE to search for a ServiceWorks! volunteer opportunities within the City of Dallas.
For additional support or details, contact Municipal Services Coordinator, Shaylon Scott, at email@example.com.